jclouds-dev mailing list archives

From Everett Toews <everett.to...@RACKSPACE.COM>
Subject [DISCUSS] What is the criteria for something to be in the jclouds/jclouds repo?
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2014 00:06:02 GMT
What is the criteria for something to be in the jclouds/jclouds repo [1]?

Before we go moving any more code around or removing any more apis/providers we need to step
back and have some agreed upon criteria for what belongs in jclouds/jclouds and what doesn’t.
If we don’t do that our decisions are effectively arbitrary and the questions of “What
to do about X?” will continue to come up.

I took a shot at addressing a topic like this in "Criteria for moving an api/provider from
a labs repo to core” [2] but I got zero replies. People seem to be unwilling or uninterested
in tackling this question and I think jclouds is suffering because of it. It’s puzzling
to me because in email threads or IRC chats most everybody agrees that the labs repos are
a failed experiment. So let’s flip it around and discuss what belongs in jclouds/jclouds
instead.

I know for a fact that many contributors have an opinion on this. Let’s hear it!

Thanks,
Everett

[1] https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds