jclouds-dev mailing list archives

From Ignasi Barrera <ignasi.barr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Get Azure Compute Out of Labs
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2014 22:38:13 GMT
I'd say the major issue now with Azure is how authentication works.
OAuth is still not fully supported in their API and current
authentication, using SSL client certificates is tricky, as it
requires providing a custom SSL config and using a local keystone.

Apart from that (which is inevitable), the provider is quite modern
and I see nothing apart the abstraction missing to promote it. The
model already uses the new AutoValue practices, and api tests are Mock
tests, so it is in a good shape to be promoted once the Compute
abstraction is implemented.

I don't have time to implement the entire abstraction, but if you're
up to doing it I can definitely help!