jclouds-dev mailing list archives

From Ignasi Barrera <n...@apache.org>
Subject Fwd: Action recommended: Upcoming removal of earlier versions of Azure Storage Service APIs
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2014 09:33:59 GMT
FYI: Azure is retiring some APIs, but the jclouds Azure blob API
shouldn't be affected, as we're using version 2012-02-12 [1].
Anyway, it would be great if someone could run the azureblob provider
live tests and give some feedback :)

I.

[1] https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/blob/master/providers/azureblob/src/main/java/org/jclouds/azureblob/AzureBlobApiMetadata.java#L65

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Azure Team <AzureTeam@e-mail.microsoft.com>
Date: 9 December 2014 at 23:18
Subject: Action recommended: Upcoming removal of earlier versions of
Azure Storage Service APIs
To: ignasi.barrera@gmail.com

Because Azure is removing earlier versions of the Storage Service APIs
on December 9, 2015, we recommend that you upgrade to the latest
version now, and then validate that your applications are continuing
to run as expected.
  This is a notification that several early versions of the Azure
Storage Service APIs are being removed on December 9, 2015. We
encourage you to check and validate your applications to ensure that
they continue to run after these versions have been removed.

All versions prior to version 2012-02-12 will be removed on December
9, 2015. This includes the following versions:

  •    2008 (released prior to GA)

  •    Version 2009-04-14 (released prior to GA)

  •    Version 2009-07-17 (released prior to GA)

  •    Version 2009-09-19 (released prior to GA)

  •    Version 2011-08-18

The following versions are unaffected and continue to be fully supported:

  •    Version 2012-02-12

  •    Version 2013-08-15

  •    Version 2014-02-14

Minimum supported versions, libraries, or SDKs
We strongly recommend that you upgrade to the latest version whenever
possible. The following table allows you to quickly see if you are
using any components that target the versions to be removed.

  Language   Earliest supported version using service version
2012-02-12 or later
  .NET   2.0. This was first included in Azure SDK version 2.1.
  Java   0.3
  C++   All
  Windows Phone   All
  WinRT   All
  Android   All
  PHP   No released versions currently support version 2012-02-12; an
update will be coming soon.
  Node.js   The current released version supports 2014-02-14.
  Ruby   The current released version supports 2012-02-12.
  Python   The current released version supports 2012-02-12.
  PowerShell   All
  CLI   The current released version supports 2012-02-12.

  Action recommended
To ensure that your applications continue to work correctly after
December 9, 2015, we recommend that you check your applications to
determine which service version they’re dependent upon and upgrade
your applications. If you’re using our client libraries, you can do
this by upgrading the client library upon which your applications are
dependent. Your storage logs can be used to determine which version of
the service you’re using and to check that all applications have been
upgraded as expected after you’ve gone through the upgrade process. If
you’re using Azure Diagnostics, you’ll need to upgrade to Diagnostics
2.0, which was made available in Azure SDK version 2.5, released in
November 2014.

For more details on these changes and how to follow the steps above,
please refer to this Azure Blog post. It’s recommended that you begin
application upgrades now in order to avoid being impacted when the
earlier service versions are removed on December 9, 2015.

If you have any questions, please contact us.

Thank you,

Your Azure Team
  This message from Microsoft is an important part of a program,
service, or product that you or your company purchased or participates
in. Microsoft respects your privacy. Please read our Privacy
Statement.
  One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052 USA