jclouds-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Turli <andrea.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about GCE Provider
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2015 05:21:46 GMT
Daniel,

Is it a common use case to spin up more than 5 node groups on one project?

I think in jclouds we should support the most generic case possible, not
only 5 node groups then.

> If it is, we should not be creating one network per node group on GCE
> because there is quota of 5 networks per project.
>
> I am wondering why we create a new network for each group. Would it make
> more sense to use the default network for all groups and keep groups
> distinct by using tags and naming conventions?

I think a network per node group makes sense for traffic segmentation and
multi tenancy but if you think it shouldn't be necessary I think it is good
to have your feedback here as you are the expert :)
Maybe we could keep going with this approach and make sure that the network
(and the firewall rules!) gets deleted when the node group is destroyed.

I am still gaining familiarity with the compute abstraction.

Best,
Andrea