jclouds-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Broudy <bro...@google.com>
Subject Re: Question about GCE Provider
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2015 21:00:13 GMT
There are some pretty strict quotas on the rate at which you can create and
destroy networks. I think the current network-per-group idea doesn't scale
well.

"A network performs the same function that a router does in a home network:
it describes the network range and gateway IP address, handles
communication between instances, and serves as a gateway between instances
and callers outside the network. [...] Any communication between instances
in different networks, even within the same project, must be through
external IP addresses." [1]

I think we should switch to using the default network and only creating a
new network if the user specifies that is what they want.

[1] https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/networking#networks_1