jclouds-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Gaul <g...@apache.org>
Subject Re: COMMERCIAL:jclouds 1.9.1 and provider promotion
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2015 18:53:45 GMT
I also agree that we should push for 1.9.1 instead of delaying.  1.9.x
has several new features: promoting the openstack-swift based Rackspace
CloudFiles providers, portable copy blob, and portable access control.
We can follow up with a 1.9.2 later this summer and 2.0 in the early
fall.  I support promoting all the providers mentioned and agree that
master and a major version seems appropriate for this.

The blobstore multipart fixes are actually an entirely new approach to
implementing MPU (JCLOUDS-894).  As a side effect it adds support for
openstack-swift MPU but changes a bunch of other things as well.  We
have not yet ported all providers to the new approach (missing GCS and
Glacier) and I am still gaining confidence in the implementation so I
would prefer not to backport it yet.

I want to call out some major blobstore issues which will not likely
make 1.9.1:

AWS-S3 V4 signature support
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCLOUDS-480

GCS uploads with InputStream payloads are not working
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCLOUDS-912

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 02:43:19PM +0000, Zack Shoylev wrote:
> We should try to release 1.9.1 asap.
> As for content, it should also include the autovalue updates and some of the blobstore
multipart fixes (do we need to discuss the MPU more?).

--
Andrew Gaul
http://gaul.org/