jclouds-dev mailing list archives

From Ignasi Barrera <n...@apache.org>
Subject DigitalOcean v2 to 1.9.x
Date Sat, 27 Jun 2015 22:04:42 GMT
Hi!

We're about to open PRs to merge the DigitalOcean v2 provider. Since
the v1 version will no longer be available starting on November [1]
(and is the only one we support now), I think we should include the v2
provider in 1.9.1. This will give users enough time to migrate and
test the new API (there are no breaking changes in it) before it is
shut down.

Before doing that, we have to agree how to proceed with its OAuth
dependency. DigitalOcean v2 depends on the OAuth API, which was
promoted to the main repo but only in 2.0.0, to avoid a groupId
change; in 1.9.x the oauth home is in the jclouds-labs-google repo.
This gives us the following options:

* Merge the digitalocean2 provider in jclouds-labs, and change the
"build order". jclouds-labs-google will have to be built before
jclouds-labs.
* Move the oauth api to jclouds-labs, and then merge digitalocean2
there. This implies that jclouds-labs-google will need to be built
after jclouds-labs, but that's what we are already doing implicitly.

The main issue here is that we are introducing a dependency between
labs repos we don't have now, but I think that having the DO v2
provider in 1.9.1 is worth it.

WDYT?

if there is an agreement to proceed, I'd vote for option 2 (move oauth
then merge the provider).

Take into account that there are no references to 'google' in ithe
OAuth api; it is just hosted in the labs-google repo. This means most
users won't be affected, as the Maven coordinates won't change.

I.

[1] https://developers.digitalocean.com/documentation/changelog/api-v1/sunsetting-api-v1/