jclouds-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: jclouds 1.9.1 and provider promotion
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2015 12:40:52 GMT
On 2015-06-15 12:34 Ignasi Barrera wrote:
> Hi!

Hi Ignasi,

> It's been a while since our last release and I'd like to start
> planning jclouds 1.9.1. Many bugfixes have been introduced and there
> are several providers that have been improved a lot, including GCE,
> DigitalOcean, Azure and ProfitBricks.
>
> Before talking about dates, I'd like to share the important topics
> (IMO) that should be finished for 1.9.1:
>
> * Merge the ProfitBrixks ComputeService integration [1].
> * Complete the Azure Compute refactor [2, 3]. There is an ongoing
> effort to improve how virtual machines are created but it is moving
> slowly. @andreaturli, @ilgrosso, once the PRs are up to date, would
> you be able to help reviewing them?

As you're saying, it seems there is a considerable latency there: I
thought we could promote the AzureCompute provider with 1.9.1 without
the above mentioned refactoring being finalized.
Would it be possible to set a sort of "final date" for such refactoring
to be completed, after that, if nothing will have changed in terms of PR
[2][3] progress, the provider will be anyway released with 1.9.1?

> * Merge the DigitalOcean v2 provider [4, 5]. There is still no PR, for
> it but the provider is ready to go.
>

> Considering that we are in time to finish this, we'll be in a good
> position to promote the following providers (only in master, for
> 2.0.0), as they'll have been out there for a while with the live tests
> passing:
>
> * GCE. I plan to promote it this week.
> * Azure. It's been out since 1.9.0 and will remain in labs after the
> compute service refactoring. Should be ready to be promoted for 2.0.0.

See my comments above.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence