jclouds-dev mailing list archives

From Ignasi Barrera <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: remove hpcloud-objectstorage?
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2015 12:01:11 GMT
Thanks Chris!

I've just added an additional commit to remove hpcloud from the
"blobstore-all" and "compute-all" poms.

On 10 November 2015 at 03:16, Chris Custine <chris.custine@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have confirmed that the HP private cloud offering is more in line with upstream openstack
so I have gone ahead and removed the HP public cloud related providers in master.  I will
update the documentation page with some pointers to the decommissioning announcement and recommendation
to use 1.9.1 until then.  I think after that we can safely remove the docs entirely.

> Thanks,
> Chris
>
> --
> Chris Custine
>

> From: Chris Custine <chris.custine@gmail.com>
> Reply: Chris Custine <chris.custine@gmail.com>
> Date: October 25, 2015 at 9:43:29 PM
> To: dev@jclouds.apache.org <dev@jclouds.apache.org>, Andrew Gaul <gaul@apache.org>
> Subject:  Re: remove hpcloud-objectstorage?
>
> HP Public Cloud actually has several other differences from off the shelf openstack,
mainly the CDN extension, some specialized rules for container names, the temp ur, and a couple
of other areas which escape me at the moment.  I was finishing up migration to the new swift
provider this week when the HP Public Cloud news caught up to me, so I am reaching out to
HP to discuss this in the next couple of days.

> My understanding has been that the HP Enterprise private openstack product is more in
line with upstream openstack than public cloud was, so I am going to try to clarify that and
we can go from there.  I will let you all know what I find out soon.