jclouds-dev mailing list archives

From Reijhanniel Jearl Campos <devc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 回复: what difference between jclouds providers and jclouds apis
Date Sat, 26 Dec 2015 07:35:58 GMT
Hi 隋震,

*> Is there a architecture diagram for jclouds* *how to make jclouds to
support a cloud service by other vendor?*
I don't think there's an *architecture diagram* per se, but the link[1]
provided by Andrew generally describes the high-level view of jclouds.

Assuming Aliyun exposes it's compute API via HTTP, then the jclouds-labs[2]
contains similar provider/API implementations under incubation (I followed
DigitalOcean and Docker before). Here is where you create your PR for
aliyun as well.

Developing the provider won't necessarily require you to *master* the
jclouds architecture. Nevertheless let me try to describe stuff you're
going to implement (not exhaustive):
- ComputeServiceAdapter[3]
- *Metadata[4] - declares modules (dependencies, powered by guice)
- *Functions[5] - to convert aliyun-domain to jclouds-specific domain
- Aliyun-specific API, like described here [6]

Finally, I suggest implementing simpler APIs first, i.e.: Images or
HardwareProfile APIs in your first PR. This way, reviewers can then guide
using comments, code parts that need to change.

HTH. Happy Holidays!

RJ

[1] http://jclouds.apache.org/start/concepts
[2] https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs