jclouds-dev mailing list archives

From Reijhanniel Jearl Campos <devc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Create new api
Date Mon, 21 Dec 2015 09:03:12 GMT
Hi Antonio,

When I started writing the jclouds API for ProfitBricks, I mostly referred
to other existing project in the labs - specifically those from DigitalOcean
<https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs/tree/master/digitalocean2> and
Docker <https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs/tree/master/docker>, then
keeping in mind the guidelines described in the wiki
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/JCLOUDS/Creating+a+New+API+or+Provider>
(e.g.: practices, conventions, requirements).

Tip: Make sure your first PR, is simple and small. Last year, I sent my
first PR <https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs/pull/72> which had tons
of code, but had a hard time getting it merged. Implement  APIs one-by-one,
and throughout the review process you'll get the hang of how jclouds works.
The community is awesome; You can reach us via IRC
<http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#jclouds>. :)

Cheers,
RJ