jclouds-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Turli <andrea.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New OpenNebula Provider
Date Sun, 27 Dec 2015 21:10:17 GMT
Hi Paolo,

I'd have a look at aws-ec2 provider as most likely opennebula will be
another provider implementing ec2 api, I guess.
In particulr look at its pom and

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/blob/master/providers/aws-ec2/src/main/java/org/jclouds/aws/ec2/AWSEC2ApiMetadata.java

You will soon discover that **/config/ contain mostly guice modules that
will be loaded using *ApiMetadata and *ProviderMetadata.

If opennebula perfectly covers ec2 apis, you will only need to configure
the ProviderMetadata with things like locations etc. Otherwise, you will
need to override things inherited from the api into the provider. You may
need to implement/override functionalities contained into features/ and in
compute/functions for that purpose.

Finally, use mockTests and LiveTest to understand what may go wrong.

HTH,
Andrea