jclouds-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Turli <andrea.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Create new api
Date Mon, 21 Dec 2015 07:18:16 GMT
Hi Antonio,

Thanks for your interest in jclouds.

I guess ONE stands for OpenNebula.
Let me try to give you a little context about jclouds philosophy: although
each cloud provider offers (very often) multiple SDKs to consume their
APIs, jclouds tends to re-implement them to minimize the footprint of the
library and to maximize the usage of all the client strategies
(authentication, error handling, retrier, pagination and so on) offered by
jclouds core, so you should avoid a third-party 'client library' as much as
possible.
It worths notice also that the compute APIs are organized in 'api' and
'providers' (see website for more details)

Back to ONE, I think it exposes EC2-query based API and OCCI API.

I think you have 2 main alternative options:
- add a new opennebula provider based on the ec2 api.
- add occi api support and the opennebula provider based on those occi api.

I think jclouds doesn't have a step-by-step documentation to write a new
api/provider, sorry. Feel free to jump on IRC channel #jclouds on freenode
or continue here on the ML for any further questions.

HTH,
Andrea