jclouds-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Turli <andrea.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Azure ARM vs classic
Date Fri, 11 Dec 2015 10:18:49 GMT
Hi,

currently we are struggling to have a good jclouds-azurecompute api to be
promoted to jclouds/jclouds.
I've noticed that MS suggests now to use (and/or switch) to ARM (Azure
Resource Manager) and they have marked the previous API (and also the
console) with `classic` label.

I don't know if `classic` will be deprecated soon, but it seems sensible to
consider the switch to ARM: those API are json based which will
considerably reduce the glitches due to xml we are facing since the
beginning and they introduce a stronger network model (port ranges w/t
limitations and security groups etc) which look a step in the right
direction.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Andrea