jclouds-dev mailing list archives

From Ignasi Barrera <ignasi.barr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Create new api
Date Mon, 21 Dec 2015 11:11:50 GMT
Using existing SDKs from jclouds has ben discussed several times, but
as Andrea said, that is not the right way to implement a provider. It
could be a valid and fast approach, but it comes at a price that we'll
pay when having to keep the code as much unified as possible with
other providers and apis, and to maintain the code when issues appear
in the libraries the provider relies on.

It is nor an arbitrary choice we've made; you can read more details
about the reasoning behind this approach in the discussion we had
regarding this topic for the initial contributions the Azure provider:
http://markmail.org/message/qnecyf427k6min35