jclouds-dev mailing list archives

From Ignasi Barrera <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Azure ARM vs classic
Date Fri, 11 Dec 2015 16:47:15 GMT
I'd also say we can promote azure with the xml api as soon as it is
stable, and start a new provider in labs (say azurecompute-arm?) that
consumes the new API. If it is not only the api that changes, but also
how networking and other stuff is configured, it is likely that the
changes to the provider will be major and non-backwards compatible,
which is an issue when updating promoted providers.

Starting a new one and let the users choose will be easier for them
and will facilitate us the deprecation of the legacy one when the
classic api is shut down.