jclouds-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Gaul <g...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Moving to the ASF github organization
Date Sat, 03 Nov 2018 17:46:06 GMT
On Thu, Nov 01, 2018 at 01:06:08PM +0100, Ignasi Barrera wrote:
> Write access will not change. PMC members and committers will be the ones
> to have write access to the repos.
>
> Regarding permissions to manage PR, etc, we will be able to do all that.
> BigTop can't do that because it is in the old "git-wip", not GitBox. GitBox
> is the new Git service from the ASF that is fully integrated with GitHub.
> Using GitBox you can merge PRs, etc, and have a normal GitHub workflow.
> If we want to keep pushing directly to the ASF remote we can do that, but
> we'll be able to just push to GitHub. Unlike the old git-wip, code is
> mirrored both ways.
>
> So, there are no changes to our process if we don't want to, but we'll also
> be able to just use GitHub normally. Up to each one to pick their preferred
> way of merging stuff :)

Sounds like an improvement over the existing workflow!

Speaking of which, I have not seen commits pushed to
git-wip-us.apache.org reflected in github.com/jclouds/jclouds such as
22ce5484a412bc06ef62995675c07e7a85f66bdf and
896e99df097cf20759f89167fb74962854ab19b5.  Did our mirroring script
break during the latest GitHub outage?

--
Andrew Gaul
http://gaul.org/