jclouds-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Gaul <g...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 2.2.1 release
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2020 14:26:35 GMT
On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 11:15:48PM +0900, Andrew Gaul wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 08:39:01PM +0900, Andrew Gaul wrote:
> > I propose releasing 2.2.1 in next week since it has been 6 months since
> > 2.2.0.  This coincides with Golden Week in my country where I have 29
> > April and 2-6 May for shelter-in-place vacation.  Could we merge any
> > open pull requests and get a quorum of release testers?
>
> Sigh, I tried to do this earlier tonight and hit the following error:
>
> Failed tests:
>   JavaUrlHttpCommandExecutorServiceIntegrationTest>BaseHttpCommandExecutorServiceIntegrationTest.testGetStringRedirect:203
» HttpResponse
>   JavaUrlHttpCommandExecutorServiceIntegrationTest>BaseHttpCommandExecutorServiceIntegrationTest.testPostRedirect:354
» HttpResponse
>   JavaUrlHttpCommandExecutorServiceIntegrationTest>BaseHttpCommandExecutorServiceIntegrationTest.testPutRedirect:511
» HttpResponse

> Caused by:
>
> Caused by: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Algorithm constraints check
failed on keysize limits. RSA 1024bit key used with certificate: CN=watson.  Usage was tls
server

> I know we have hit this before and it is some newer JDK 8 issue.  Oddly
> is only appears with the release script and not local development.  Any
> idea where I have gone awry?  I suspect we need to regenerate some
> test-only certificate at 2048 bits.

Ah, integration test and not unit test, appears on both master and 2.2.x
using Java 1.8.0_242.  Vaguely remember needing to set some JAVA_OPTIONS
environment variable as a workaround for insecure TLS, will investigate
more tomorrow.

--
Andrew Gaul
http://gaul.org/