jclouds-notifications mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Christopher Dancy (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Updated] (JCLOUDS-971) On adding an etcd (or coreos fame) provider
Date Sat, 25 Jul 2015 20:26:04 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCLOUDS-971?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Christopher Dancy updated JCLOUDS-971:
--------------------------------------
    Description: 
We've already got a full (all API/features, mock and integration tests) implementation of
etcd using jclouds here and would like to essentially donate the code to jclouds for others
to use. This api does not and really can not have a compute api so it's just supporting the
API as described here: https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/api.md

What do you guys think? Not sure if you guys would take it seeing as how there is no compute
front-end but others I have to imagine, those working with coreos for whatever reason, would
love to have an easy to use jclouds-API to work with an administer an etcd cluster ... lord
knows we do.

And if you say yes don't worry I will NOT be sending in the entire code base as 1 giant PR.
I'll break up it up into much smaller chunks for folks to digest.

Thoughts? [~nacx]



  was:
We've already got a etcd full (all API/features, mock and integration tests) implementation
of etcd using jclouds here and would like to essentially donate the code to jclouds for others
to use. This api does not and really can not have a compute api so it's just supporting the
API as described here: https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/api.md

What do you guys think? Not sure if you guys would take it seeing as how there is no compute
front-end but others I have to imagine, those working with coreos for whatever reason, would
love to have an easy to use jclouds-API to work with an administer an etcd cluster ... lord
knows we do.

And if you say yes don't worry I will NOT be sending in the entire code base as 1 giant PR.
I'll break up it up into much smaller chunks for folks to digest.

Thoughts? [~nacx]




> On adding an etcd (or coreos fame) provider
> -------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: JCLOUDS-971
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCLOUDS-971
>             Project: jclouds
>          Issue Type: New Feature
>          Components: jclouds-labs
>    Affects Versions: 2.0.0
>            Reporter: Christopher Dancy
>              Labels: coreos, etcd, jclouds-labs
>
> We've already got a full (all API/features, mock and integration tests) implementation
of etcd using jclouds here and would like to essentially donate the code to jclouds for others
to use. This api does not and really can not have a compute api so it's just supporting the
API as described here: https://github.com/coreos/etcd/blob/master/Documentation/api.md
> What do you guys think? Not sure if you guys would take it seeing as how there is no
compute front-end but others I have to imagine, those working with coreos for whatever reason,
would love to have an easy to use jclouds-API to work with an administer an etcd cluster ...
lord knows we do.
> And if you say yes don't worry I will NOT be sending in the entire code base as 1 giant
PR. I'll break up it up into much smaller chunks for folks to digest.
> Thoughts? [~nacx]



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Mime
View raw message