jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Zack Shoylev <zack.shoy...@RACKSPACE.COM>
Subject Re: Issues with Updating Runlist for a Node
Date Tue, 21 May 2013 22:43:41 GMT
I suggest consistency (in this case immutability). Note however new users will not generally
expect it.
Maybe ensure all @returns mention immutable collections.

-------- Original message --------
From: Ignasi <ignasi.barrera@gmail.com>
Date: 05/21/2013 2:24 PM (GMT-07:00)
To: user@jclouds.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Issues with Updating Runlist for a Node

I'm not sure about that utility. Immutability is something widely used
in jclouds-chef. Runlists are immutable, Nodes are immutable, and in
general all domain objects are immutable (immutability has its
benefits :D). Why an utility to update just the runlist? I think that
it is enough to know that there is an immutable object model, and code
accordingly.

Regarding the Chef flavor stuff, you shouldn't need to switch to
hosted chef or private chef provider metadata unless you want to use
specific features of the HostedChefApi class such as user and
privilege management, etc.