jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Phillips <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Multipart parallel uploads.
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2013 15:33:23 GMT
> Also: can someone confirm that at the moment only Swift and S3 support
> this kind of upload strategy?

Actually, Azure was recently added [1]. But yes, as far as I am aware
only Swift and S3 beyond that have multipart support right now.

> So the MultipartUploadStrategy is associated with the
> SequentialMultipartUploadStrategy, instead of
> ParallelMultipartUploadStrategy: why..?

I don't know exactly - I suspect the idea was that if you wanted
jclouds to do thread management you'd use the async blobstore. You
should still be able to use that for 1.6.1-incubating
(ctx.getAsyncBlobStore() rather than ctx.getBlobStore()), but the
method is indeed deprecated.

I'm not sure what the planned future for
ParallelMultipartUploadStrategy is once the async blobstore goes away.
Could you create a JIRA issue that asks for parallel multipart uploads
to be supported via the S3 blobstore API in 1.7? Then we can continue
the discussion there.

Hope this helps!

ap

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCLOUDS-161