jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Everett Toews <everett.to...@RACKSPACE.COM>
Subject Re: Does Jcoulds support vsphere? Can Jclouds add a NIC to a VM/assign a NIC to a network?
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2013 20:41:56 GMT
Hi Haixin,

I don't think this is something you'd do with Nova API. There's no concept of NICs in the
Nova API.

This sounds more like something you'd need the OpenStack Network (Neutron) API for. We don't
have support for that yet but there's a PR [1] that being worked on right now.

Although there really isn't a concept of NICs in the Neutron API either. You may want to review
the Neutron API doc [2] to make sure it can do what you want it to do.

Regards,
Everett

[1] https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs-openstack/pull/23
[2] http://docs.openstack.org/api/openstack-network/2.0/content/index.html