jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Carlos Garcia IbaƱez <Carlos.Gar...@EMEA.NEC.COM>
Subject [jclouds-labs/abiquo] - Access to a Virtual Machine from the Volume entity
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2013 14:06:12 GMT
Hi all.
I'm trying to retrieve the Virtual Machine a volume entity is attached to from the volume
object itself, but I cannot find any getVirtualMachine() method in this class. Nevertheless,
I've noticed that the Abiquo REST representation for an attached volume contains a link "virtualmachine"
that points to the corresponding virtual machine:

  <volume>
    <link href="http://x.x.x.x/api/cloud/virtualdatacenters/323/volumes/79737" rel="edit"
type="application/vnd.abiquo.volume+xml"/>
    <link href="http://x.x.x.x/api/cloud/virtualdatacenters/323/volumes/79737/action/initiatormappings"
rel="initiator mappings" type="application/vnd.abiquo.initiatormappings+xml"/>
    <link href="http://x.x.x.x/api/cloud/virtualdatacenters/323/tiers/1" rel="tier" title="Storage
SATA RAID 5" type="application/vnd.abiquo.tier+xml"/>
    <link href="http://x.x.x.x/api/cloud/virtualdatacenters/323/virtualappliances/286"
rel="virtualappliance" title="Virtual Appliance: 1" type="application/vnd.abiquo.virtualappliance+xml"/>
    <link href="http://x.x.x.x/api/cloud/virtualdatacenters/323" rel="virtualdatacenter"
title="andres.cuesta###NECMKPId###" type="application/vnd.abiquo.virtualdatacenter+xml"/>
    <link href="http://x.x.x.x/api/cloud/virtualdatacenters/323/virtualappliances/286/virtualmachines/426"
rel="virtualmachine" title="ABQ_54666a35-aa07-4303-9bc7-b6064d6875d0" type="application/vnd.abiquo.virtualmachine+xml"/>
    <id>79737</id>
    <name>resizing-test</name>
    <description>test</description>
    <state>ATTACHED</state>
    <sizeInMB>8192</sizeInMB>
    <sequence>0</sequence>
  </volume>

I'd like to know if there is a standard way to access this information through the jclouds
framework. If not, I'd be glad to implement this functionality, as long as you give me some
hints about how to do it :)

Thanks a lot and kind regards.

[cid:image001.jpg@01CED0D1.0FFD3DC0]