jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Phillips <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Fwd: Re: vCloud version supported by jCloud
Date Sun, 03 Nov 2013 16:57:33 GMT
@users: see forwarded email below...

Hi Paul

I've forwarded this one to the jclouds users mailing list [1], as it's
more of a usage question. Have you had a look at the jclouds-examples
[2]? Some of the ones in there might be able to help you further.

By the way, if you direct future emails to "dev@jclouds.apache.org" or
we can hopefully get the rest of the jclouds community to help out ;-)

Regards

Andrew

[1] http://jclouds.apache.org/documentation/community/
[2] https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples

----- Forwarded message from arachweb@gmail.com -----
     Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 08:11:32 -0500
     From: Paul <arachweb@gmail.com>
  Subject: Re: vCloud version supported by jCloud
       To: Andrew Phillips <andrewp@apache.org>

Hi Andrew,

Terrific, thanks.

I will sign up for the jclouds list and pursue matters there.

While I have your attention, does jclouds allow me to upload an OS
binary, e.g., Centos? Following one of the jclouds examples, I had no
difficulty in creating a "bucket" at S3. But I am confused as how to
use jclouds to actually create & populate a barren compute node.

Ultimately, I'd like to use either Whirr or jclouds to create a bunch
of VMware VMs each "automatically" configured with Centos and MongoDB.

This all began when I wanted to do this with Whirr at AWS. But for
several reasons, one of which was that Whirr doesn't offer MongoDB as
a service, I began to look at jclouds and VCD.

Thank you.

Cordially,

Paul

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/mixed (inline, 7-Bit, 0 bytes)
View raw message