jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Phillips <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Support for VMware vCloud Director
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2013 17:36:30 GMT
Hi Paul

First of all, please use 1.6.2-incubating for all the dependencies, to
avoid any incompatibilities arising from that.

As regards sample code, we're probably best off looking at the
compute-basics example [1] and the BaseVCloudDirectorApiLiveTest [2].

If we want to work directly with the vendor-specific vCloud API,
rather than one of jclouds' portable views such as the
ComputeServiceContext, we can also get hold of the API directly, by
the way:

VCloudDirectorApi vcdApi =
   ContextBuilder.newBuilder("vcloud-director")
     .endpoint("https://dpvcloud.company.com")
     .credentials("pbell@MyOrg", "mypassword")
     .buildApi(VCloudDirectorApi.class);

See the ContextBuilder Javadoc [3] for more details.

ap

[1]
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples/blob/master/compute-basics/src/main/java/org/jclouds/examples/compute/basics/MainApp.java
[2]