jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Phillips <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Support for VMware vCloud Director
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2013 19:48:34 GMT
> But, unless I am sorely mistaken (always possible!), I don't
> presently have access to these abstractions for VCD.

No, you're not sorely mistaken (and good searching!) - there is no
view abstraction yet for vcloud-director. Note the lack of a "view"
element in the VCloudDirectorApiMetadata vs. the EC2ApiMetadata.

> If so, then won't my code - at least for the time being - be limited
> to a single provider (VCD)?

Yes, that's correct.

> a. create one or more vApps, each consisting of one or more VMs.
> b. deploy thereon an OVA/OVF
> c. configure application specific stuff on these VMs
> d. start them up

I don't know the exact calls to make for each of these, but the
corresponding APIs should all be accessible from the VCloudDirectorApi.

An easy way to find the appropriate calls is to look at the equivalent
calls you would make via the underlying vCDC HTTP API.

ap

[1]
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs/blob/master/vcloud-director/src/main/java/org/jclouds/vcloud/director/v1_5/VCloudDirectorApiMetadata.java#L79
[2]