jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Phillips <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Chef API - whew a bit messy ;)
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2013 05:35:52 GMT
> Frustration galore...I figured out the POM should be as below, but
> but but, BootstrapConfig is missing, so the tutorial
> at http://jclouds.apache.org/documentation/quickstart/chef/ is way
> ahead of its time seems like...

The user guide is indeed "ahead of its time" with respect to the 1.6.x
release branch - BootstrapConfig is an addition that will be part of
1.7. Since the API has seen quite some changes since 1.6.2-incubating,
I'd recommend you try the 1.7.0-SNAPSHOT if you can. The dependency
for that is:

<dependency>
     <groupId>org.apache.jclouds.api</groupId>
     <artifactId>chef</artifactId>
     <version>1.7.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
</dependency>

You'll need to add the Apache snapshots repo [1] to your POM to get
hold of that.

If you need to use 1.6.2-incubating, the dependency should be pretty
much the same:

<dependency>
     <groupId>org.apache.jclouds.api</groupId>
     <artifactId>chef</artifactId>
     <version>1.7.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
</dependency>

This one is in Maven Central [2]. Try an older version of the Chef
guide [3] for some sample code.

If you're still running into difficulties, please put your POM, the
code you're trying to compile, and any errors, into a Gist or Pastie
and send them to the mailing list.

Obviously, improvement suggestions for the docs are always welcome [4]!

ap

[1] https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-chef/blob/master/project/pom.xml#L59
[2]
http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails%7Corg.apache.jclouds.api%7Cchef%7C1.6.2-incubating%7Cbundle