jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Paul <arach...@gmail.com>
Subject Support for VMware vCloud Director
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2013 23:10:34 GMT
Hi,

At the risk of looking like an annoying noob, I thought I would re-post this. This began as
private correspondence with Andrew Phillips who has already posted it. But I thought I would
clearly attach my name to it.

My goal is to use jclouds (or Whirr) to create a bunch of VMware VMs each "automatically"
configured with Centos and MongoDB.

I read somewhere on the Web that if jclouds supports a particular provider, then Whirr does,
too. But, in reading http://jclouds.incubator.apache.org/documentation/userguide/vmware-vCloud,
I got confused. My installation doesn't have any of the listed providers, e.g., Terremark
or Bluelock. We just run VMware's VCD - as is - so to speak.

I would be most grateful for some guidance in how to go about using jclouds to talk "directly"
to VMware's VCD.

Thank you for your help.

-Paul