jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Paul Bell <arach...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Support for VMware vCloud Director
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2013 16:25:47 GMT
Hi,

Well, our VCD 1.5 is back up, but I'm having difficulty getting some
elementary stuff to work. I've little doubt that this is largely because
I'm not quite sure what I'm doing, but it's nonetheless frustrating.

At any rate, per instructions from folks on the list, I incorporated the
"labs" pom into my project. Pom now looks like this:

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.jclouds.labs</groupId>
            <artifactId>vcloud-director</artifactId>
            <version>1.6.2-incubating</version>
        </dependency>

       <dependency>
              <groupId>org.apache.jclouds</groupId>
              <artifactId>jclouds-all</artifactId>
              <version>1.6.1-incubating</version>
       </dependency>

       <dependency>
              <groupId>org.apache.jclouds.driver</groupId>
              <artifactId>jclouds-sshj</artifactId>
              <version>1.6.1-incubating</version>
       </dependency>

I then tried to run this code:

 ComputeServiceContext context =
ContextBuilder.newBuilder("vcloud-director")
                             .endpoint("https://dpvcloud.company.com")
                             .credentials("pbell@MyOrg", "mypassword")
                             //.overrides(overrides) - only if needed
                             .buildView(ComputeServiceContext.class);

This fails with the following (line 31 is the buildView call):
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: api
{id=vcloud-director, name=vCloud Director 1.5 API, views=[],
endpointName=https endpoint, identityName=User at Organization (user@org),
credentialName=Optional.of(Password), documentation=
http://www.vmware.com/support/pubs/vcd_pubs.html, api=interface
org.jclouds.vcloud.director.v1_5.user.VCloudDirectorApi, asyncApi=interface
org.jclouds.vcloud.director.v1_5.user.VCloudDirectorAsyncApi} not wrappable
as org.jclouds.compute.ComputeServiceContext; context:
org.jclouds.vcloud.director.v1_5.VCloudDirectorContext, views: []
       at org.jclouds.ContextBuilder.buildView(ContextBuilder.java:616)
       at org.jclouds.ContextBuilder.buildView(ContextBuilder.java:600)
       at test.VcdTest.main(VcdTest.java:31)

Before I posted this, I looked fairly closely at the sources jar file to
see if I could find source code for the some of the test code, but to no
avail. If such test source code exists, can someone point me to them. Also,
could someone provide me an example of how to:

a. get logged into VCD
b. list vApps
c. define VMs and vApps
d. etc.?