jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Paul Bell <arach...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Support for VMware vCloud Director
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2013 15:45:36 GMT
Hi Andrew,

I made the change you suggested (thank you) and the symptom changed. I am
now getting this exception:

Exception in thread "main" org.jclouds.http.HttpResponseException:
org.jclouds.http.HttpResponseException: HTTPS hostname wrong:  should be <
dpvcloud.mycompany.com> connecting to POST
https://dpvcloud.mycompany.com/sessions HTTP/1.1 connecting to GET
https://dpvcloud.mycompany.com/org/ HTTP/1.1
       at
org.jclouds.http.internal.BaseHttpCommandExecutorService.invoke(BaseHttpCommandExecutorService.java:162)
       at
org.jclouds.rest.internal.InvokeSyncToAsyncHttpMethod.invoke(InvokeSyncToAsyncHttpMethod.java:131)
       at
org.jclouds.rest.internal.InvokeSyncToAsyncHttpMethod.apply(InvokeSyncToAsyncHttpMethod.java:97)
       at
org.jclouds.rest.internal.InvokeSyncToAsyncHttpMethod.apply(InvokeSyncToAsyncHttpMethod.java:58)
       at
org.jclouds.reflect.FunctionalReflection$FunctionalInvocationHandler.handleInvocation(FunctionalReflection.java:117)
       at
com.google.common.reflect.AbstractInvocationHandler.invoke(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:70)
       at $Proxy56.list(Unknown Source)
       at test.VcdTest.main(VcdTest.java:62)

Line 62 in my VcdTest.java is a call to orgApi.list().

I'm not sure how to interpret these phenomena, but I'd hazard the guess
that, prior to actually presenting the GET for "org", jclouds needs to
establish a session with VCD. Hence the POST for "sessions". I've done this
programmatically via the actual VCD REST API (as opposed to the Java SDK).
token that can then be used in the x-dpvcloud-authorization header.

In any event, it's hard to see why I'm getting a "hostname wrong" error
because the actual and "should be" hostnames are identical.

Cordially,

Paul