jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Phillips <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jclouds Performance issue
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2014 01:46:10 GMT
Hi Sumit

As part of jclouds 1.7 and 1.8, quite a few things are changing on the
thread management front in jclouds. Where previously there were both
synchronous and asynchronous versions of APIs (such as the Swift API)
running via executors managed by jclouds, we're now moving more
towards an approach where thread and executor management will be
handled by the caller.

Blobstore will continue to support some asynchronous calls, but in
terms of improving performance, my suggestion would be to stick to the
synchronous calls and use your own executors. An example that could be
relevant is here [1].

I'm not the blobstore performance expert, though - hopefully, one of
those will be able to contribute to this thread.

Regards

ap

[1]
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-cloud-storage-workshop/blob/master/exercise2/src/main/java/org/jclouds/labs/blobstore/exercise2/MultiFileUploaderC.java