jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Phillips <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Security group listing on nova slow
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2014 20:51:33 GMT
> Making a call to listSecurityGroupsInLocation and passing in the single
> zone I'm interested in has made no difference - it is still making the
> underlying call to the API many many times before the jclouds API call
> returns. It is always exactly 92 calls to the underlying API

Does this include things like authentication calls, or is this the
"straight" call for security groups? If so, is there any obvious
variation in parameters or other request characteristics? Or is it
literally always the same call?

Hopefully, one of the OpenStack experts on the list can shed more
light on where these might be coming from.

As regards the sync vs. async: the sync API in most cases is just a
dynamic proxy around the async API that waits for the futures to
return, so I suspect this is unfortunately unlikely to affect the
calls made. Although Nova *may* of course be an exception in this case
- I'm not the expert on that point.

Thanks for picking up the out-of-date group ID in the docs - hopefully
fixed soon [1].

Regards

ap

[1] https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-site/pull/56