jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Phillips <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Fwd: Questions about network related support for jClouds
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2014 21:55:21 GMT
Forwarding to user@, as that may be of interest to others there...

> 2.  For a given network/interface, specify an IP address to be used
> instead of being assigned a random IP from the network
> 3.  A floating IP to be used for the instance

One of the OpenStack experts on the list will certainly have more to
say, but for #2 and #3 it might be worth trying what happens if you
set autoAssignFloatingIp to false/true on the template options, if you
haven't already.

More floating IP options are available via the FloatingIPApi [2],
which you can access via the (provider-specific) NovaApi.

Hope that helps!

ap

[1]
http://javadocs.jclouds.cloudbees.net/org/jclouds/openstack/nova/v2_0/compute/options/NovaTemplateOptions.Builder.html#autoAssignFloatingIp(boolean)