jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Phillips <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question about api call timing
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2014 18:35:07 GMT
Hi George

> I have created a service context that gets the compute service object
> in a method and then use the various methods of compute service or
> metadata to get the relevant information.

By that, I assume you mean you used the ContextBuilder to create a
context? If so, this only contains the *connection* information (it's
conceptually pretty similar to creating a database connection with a
database driver).

The actual calls are not made then - they occur when you get one of
the views or provider-specific APIs from the context and invoke
methods on them.

See [1] for a short introduction to some core jclouds concepts. Hope
that helps!

ap

[1] https://wiki.apache.org/jclouds/Core%20Concepts