jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Phillips <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Security group listing on nova slow
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2014 19:29:04 GMT
> Part of me wonders whether I should use the NovaApi directly and do the
> translation myself.

That would certainly be an option worth exploring if there seems to be
an obvious way to cut down on the number of calls.

An alternative, intermediate approach would be to try to override one
of the functions or predicates you identified with different/custom
logic that would give the desired result for your case without
incurring the overhead we're seeing.

If you see an obvious candidate, someone on the list should certainly
be able to help you wire it up to override the default behaviour, if
possible.

Thanks for the additional research!

ap