jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Phillips <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AWS root device nam change
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2014 00:48:33 GMT
> In the RegisterImageBackedByEbsOptions , I do not see any option to do this.

Based on the Javadocs, I unfortunately don't see an option to do this
either. In the relevant section of the code [1], the value '/dev/sda1'
is hardcoded - you would need to create a modified version of the file
to change this.

Since the Amazon APIs *do* allow you to specify this value [2], it
should be possible to add this to jclouds. Please create a JIRA ticket
or, even better, a pull request [3] ;-)

Thinking just in terms of workarounds, would it be possible to simply
add *another* device (via addBlockDeviceFromSnapshot [4]) with the
required device name?

Regards

ap

[1]