jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Everett Toews <everett.to...@RACKSPACE.COM>
Subject Re: Problem connecting to openstack
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2014 15:35:39 GMT
On Feb 3, 2014, at 9:23 PM, Shital Patil <shital.patil@gslab.com> wrote:

> 4- I am able to access openstack using curl

Can you show us exactly the curl command you’re using to auth?

e.g.

curl -s -X POST http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5000/v2.0/tokens -d ‘json goes here' -H "Content-type:
application/json”

Can you show us the exact log output from jclouds?

e.g.

>> "{"auth":{"passwordCredentials":{"username":"shital.patil","password":"shital123"},"tenantName":"Shital
Patil"}}"
>> POST http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5000/v2.0/tokens HTTP/1.1
>> Accept: application/json

> I have noticed that json object sent to openstack through java code using jclouds for
authentication is same as one sent using curl. Am I missing some jars? or should I try any
newer build of examples?

I’ve done my best to reproduce the problem. I created a user and tenant exactly as you have
in your cloud. I’m using OpenStack Havana and jclouds 1.7.0.

Connecting via curl works.

curl -s -X POST http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5000/v2.0/tokens -d '{"auth": {"passwordCredentials":
{"username":"shital.patil", "password":"shital123"}, "tenantName":"Shital Patil"}}' -H "Content-type:
application/json”

Connecting via jclouds works (logging turned on).

>> "{"auth":{"passwordCredentials":{"username":"shital.patil","password":"shital123"},"tenantName":"Shital
Patil"}}"
>> POST http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5000/v2.0/tokens HTTP/1.1
>> Accept: application/json

If you’re JSON matches exactly like mine does above, it should work for you too.

HTH,
Everett