jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Everett Toews <everett.to...@RACKSPACE.COM>
Subject jclouds at SXSW Interactive on March 9, 2014
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2014 23:15:00 GMT
Hi All,

I had a workshop accepted at SXSW Interactive [1] this year titled

Cloud Portability with Multi-Cloud Toolkits [2]

March 9, 2014
11:00 AM
150 minutes

Take control of your application's future by making it portable in the present.

Changes in reliability, performance, cost, and privacy in the cloud may drive you to consider
alternative public, private, or hybrid clouds. Planning for cloud portability upfront can
be crucial in avoiding lock-in. The tools you use to interact with the cloud will play a large
part in how easy it is to move your app between clouds.

In this workshop we'll cover cloud basics and how to effectively use toolkits that operate
across multiple clouds. You'll work through examples of multi-cloud apps in Java, Node.js,
Python, or Ruby and go home with recipes for building your own portable cloud applications.

If you’re attending SXSW Interactive, it would be great to see you there!

Thanks,
Everett

[1] http://sxsw.com/interactive
[2] https://sup.sxsw.com/schedule/IAP17712