jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Shital Patil <shital.pa...@gslab.com>
Subject Re: Creating network with neutron API
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2014 13:22:43 GMT
Hi Pedro,
I am pretty new to jclouds and openstack. I have just set up jclouds in
eclipse on windows and trying to query both trystack and local openstack
setup of our firm where I am not admin. I could perform operations related
to compute(nova) service but could not create networks for communication
between servers(instances) through API.

So really juvenile questions in my mind are-

*1- I can create networks and subnets with dashboard so I should be able to
create them through API.*

*2- Is using openstack neutron with any openstack setup allowed or we have
to have special permissions from admin? *

*3-If I doing something wrong please suggest the right way to create
networks through jclouds which can be used to establish communication
between instances.*

*I have attached policy.json file from our openstack setup.*

Thank You