jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Jeremy Daggett <jeremy.dagg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenStack LBaaS support in jclouds?
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2014 17:22:33 GMT
Hi Irfan,

As I recall, HP Cloud supports the OpenStack LBaaS "Atlas" API [1] which is
not currently supported in jclouds at this time.

Andrew mentioned the Rackspace ( !Autoscale API ;) ) Load Balancer API
[2][3], but it is a completely unique implementation. The OpenStack Neutron
[4] project has a Load Balancer extension as well, so all of this can be a
little confusing. :)

There has also been an ongoing effort to provide a Load Balancer
abstraction in jclouds [5], however I don't know what the current state of
that work is right now.

The next step here would be to file a JIRA issue to add this API to
jclouds. To create the JIRA issues, please refer to the "How to Contribute"
page [6] under the "Create an issue in JIRA" section.

I hope that helps, and please let us know if you have any other questions.
Thanks!

/jd

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Atlas-LB
[2]