jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Jeremy Daggett <jeremy.dagg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Floating IPs
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2014 17:04:04 GMT
Hi Radek,

Thanks for the additional information!

Yesterday I added some code to support this missing FloatingIP "pool" field
and I updated the relevant unit tests. That all looks good, I just need to
spin up a new DevStack environment this morning to ensure that the live
tests pass.

Upon further investigation, it looks like the path forward would be to keep
the "allocateFromPool()" method in the FloatingIPApi[1]. My opinion is that
we should deprecate "create()" [2] and make "allocateFromPool()" the
default.

"allocateFromPool()" was added in this legacy jclouds PR [3], but for some
reason, the field was not added to the model object!

I see that you have submitted a JIRA [4] for this, so we can address it
from there. :)

 /jd

[1]
http://docs.openstack.org/api/openstack-compute/2/content/ext-os-floating-ips.html