jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Ignasi Barrera <ignasi.barr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Create virtual data center
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2014 17:22:52 GMT
Hi Shital,

Regarding the node provisioning and monitoring, you can do both using the
ComputeService. It peovides common compute features and it can be used to
write code that works against different cloud providers.

Unfortunately jclouds still does not provide portable tenant/networking
management APIs. Not all providers provide multi-tenancy (or just tenant
management apis) and networking management, so there is no portable way to
do this across different clouds using jclouds.

You can, however, write your code using the provider specific apis (like
the Abiquo one). In OpenStack you can use the Keystone api to manage
tenants and the Nova api to manage networking (the openstack experts may
give more light here; I don't remember if there is also support for
Neutron). In the case of Amazon, you can use its SubnetApi.

HTH

Ignasi