jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Bayer <andrew.ba...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Security group listing on nova slow
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2014 18:10:22 GMT
Yipes, that's a bit inefficient. We could definitely use some improvements
there - I'll see if I can figure anything out. That said, if you're only
using one cloud (i.e., Nova), I'd say it's entirely reasonable to just use
the NovaApi security group calls directly - the point of the
SecurityGroupExtension at the compute abstraction level is to make
portability easier, but if you don't need to worry about portability,
you'll definitely get more control and efficiency out of the
provider-specific API calls...

A.