jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Phillips <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: NIO/NIO2 in jclouds
Date Mon, 12 May 2014 13:35:45 GMT
> is jclouds using NIO (or specifically, NIO.2) for handling networking
> tasks? I can't find any reference in the sources.

jclouds uses a "driver" model to handle actions that could have
different implementations, such as HTTP or SSH traffic. For HTTP
traffic, the default option is to use the basic java.net
(non-NIO/NIO.2, as far as I recall) options [1]. Optionally, you can
use Apache HC [2] or OkHttp [3] instead.

 From what I gather, Apache HC supports NIO (although I'm not sure
what it uses internally to implement that). I don't think we use that
in jclouds, however.

Could you let us know a bit more about the background to your
question? Are you running into any particular performance or other
issues?

Regards

ap

[1]