jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Gaul <g...@apache.org>
Subject Re: blob storage provider for Google?
Date Tue, 27 May 2014 23:09:52 GMT
On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 09:48:01PM +0000, Guenther Thomsen wrote:
> > You may also want to have a look at
> > https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs-google/pull/25 and perhaps get
> > in touch with Bhathiya to see what the plans are..?
>
> Thanks.
>
> This seems to be work in progress for Google Cloud Storage. Are there plans to support
Google Drive as well?

> ~ Guenther

Google Drive (or Dropbox) support would be an interesting addition to
jclouds.  These syncing services provide programmatic access to the
underlying storage, perhaps sufficient to implement the jclouds
BlobStore abstraction.  Note that the use cases for syncing services are
much different than object storage (like Google Cloud Storage); the
latter tends to scale to greater number and size of objects, more
clients, and support different privilege mechanisms.  If this interests
you, I encourage you to look at the existing Google support which
implements OAuth.  This will give you a good head start on any
implementation.  Good luck!

--
Andrew Gaul
http://gaul.org/