jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Phillips <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: jclouds cache size
Date Wed, 28 May 2014 12:23:48 GMT
> *java.util.LinkedHashMap$Entry                                        |
> 2,363 |  *    * 94,520*
> *sun.reflect.generics.tree.SimpleClassTypeSignature          |     3,826 |
>       91,824*
> *java.lang.Object[]
>    |     1,983 |       81,608*
> *java.util.HashMap$Entry[]                                                |
>       980 |       81,600*
> *java.lang.reflect.Method
> |       908 |       79,904*
> *sun.reflect.generics.tree.TypeArgument[]                          |
> 3,826 |       63,784*

We'd need to look at the reference chain in detail to be sure, but
this data certainly appears consistent with some of the
reflection-related caches in jclouds.

As an experiment, you could try a custom build of jclouds that removes
those caches from Reflection2 [1], just to see what the difference is,
both in terms of performance and memory footprint..?

ap

[1]
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/blob/master/core/src/main/java/org/jclouds/reflect/Reflection2.java