jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Gaul <g...@apache.org>
Subject Re: LDAP Integation/Support
Date Thu, 29 May 2014 08:19:47 GMT
On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 08:28:08AM +0200, Kenny Aondona wrote:
> I am new to jclouds, I was wondering if jClouds supports LDAP or Active
> Directory(or any of that kind).
> Can someone please advice me regarding an app for an enterprise of 100
> people, the app will be used for accessing blobstores across 3-4 different
> cloud storage providers.
> What would be the best approach for managing user identities and
> access/authorization using jClouds. Thanks !!

You should architect your application to authenticate users against a
LDAP/AD server, store a mapping from objects to user permissions in some
persistent store, and vend signed URLs to clients when they request and
have permission to read/write an given object.  jclouds does not offer
any support for LDAP/AD and the greater Java ecosystem generally has
poor support for this.

--
Andrew Gaul
http://gaul.org/