jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Gaul <g...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Guava versions
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2014 22:14:13 GMT
On Wed, Sep 03, 2014 at 01:21:02PM -0700, Andrew Gaul wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 03, 2014 at 12:54:56PM -0700, Andrew Gaul wrote:
> > We should also avoid use of @Beta annotated interfaces although we
> > currently lack a way to enforce this.
>
> I experimented with Overstock's library-detectors[1] and jclouds has
> thousands of uses of Guava @Beta interfaces, most significantly
> TypeToken in core and Futures in async providers.  I opened an issue[2]
> to allow us to disable warnings for some of these.
>
> [1] http://overstock.github.io/library-detectors/
> [2] https://github.com/overstock/library-detectors/issues/1

I hacked library-detector up enough[3] to determine that jclouds uses many
Guava @Beta interfaces in core alone:

com.google.common.base.CharMatcher
com.google.common.base.Suppliers.supplierFunction
com.google.common.base.Throwables.getCausalChain
com.google.common.base.Ticker
com.google.common.cache.Cache
com.google.common.cache.LoadingCache
com.google.common.collect.Lists.charactersOf
com.google.common.eventbus.AsyncEventBus
com.google.common.eventbus.DeadEvent
com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus
com.google.common.hash.HashCode
com.google.common.hash.HashingInputStream
com.google.common.io.BaseEncoding
com.google.common.io.ByteSource.read
com.google.common.io.ByteStreams
com.google.common.io.CharStreams
com.google.common.io.Closeables
com.google.common.io.Closer
com.google.common.io.CountingOutputStream
com.google.common.io.FileBackedOutputStream
com.google.common.io.Files
com.google.common.net.HostAndPort
com.google.common.net.InetAddresses
com.google.common.net.InternetDomainName
com.google.common.net.MediaType
com.google.common.reflect.AbstractInvocationHandler
com.google.common.reflect.Invokable
com.google.common.reflect.Parameter
com.google.common.reflect.TypeParameter
com.google.common.reflect.TypeToken
com.google.common.util.concurrent.Futures
com.google.common.util.concurrent.ListenableScheduledFuture
com.google.common.util.concurrent.ListeningScheduledExecutorService
com.google.common.util.concurrent.SimpleTimeLimiter
com.google.common.util.concurrent.TimeLimiter

[3] https://github.com/overstock/library-detectors/pull/2

--
Andrew Gaul
http://gaul.org/