jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Phillips <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Specifying a zone,pod,cluster and host when adding an instance in cloudtack
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2014 00:19:47 GMT
> This works fine. So now I need to add an instance by specifying a
> zone,pod,cluster and a host. How can I do that?

There are a number of CloudStack-specific things that you can set by
supplying CloudStackTemplateOptions [1] to the Template. See the EC2
guide for an example (search for AWSEC2TemplateOptions). It doesn't
seem like all the properties you need are supported there, however.

In that case, you can always go to the provider-specific API and call
the appropriate CloudStack APIs directly [3]. That means that your
code is tied to a specific provider, of course, but if you need to do
CloudStack-specific things, that's a tradeoff you can make.

See [4] for more details.

Hope this helps!

ap

[1]