jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Steve Kingsland <steve.kingsl...@opower.com>
Subject Re: Example of setting Blob ACL using S3 provider?
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2014 15:37:03 GMT
Thanks, now I understand the difference between APIs and providers better.
I had previously thought that I needed to create an S3Client instance via
contextBuilder.buildApi(S3Client.class). But it looks like I can get a
reference to it from the basic BlobStoreContext instead:

BlobStoreContext context =
ContextBuilder.newBuilder("s3")....buildView(BlobStoreContext.class);

S3Client s3Client = context.<RestContext<S3Client,
S3AsyncClient>>unwrap().getApi();

The only problem is that RestContext is deprecated (in Jclouds 1.6.3), and
I'm not sure how to get the the S3Client object using ApiContext instead.

*Steve Kingsland*

Senior Software Engineer

*Opower* <http://www.opower.com/>

*We’re hiring! See jobs here <http://www.opower.com/careers>*